Wednesday, March 6, 2013

^ The Highly Sensitive Person in Love: Understanding and Managing Relationships When the World Overwhelms You

Do you fall in love hard, but fear intimacy? Are you sick of being told that you are “too sensitive”? Do you struggle to respect a less-sensitive partner? Or have you given up on love, afraid of being too sensitive or shy to endure its wounds?Statistics show that 50 perc


The Highly Sensitive Person in Love: Understanding and Managing Relationships When the World Overwhelms You


Rambles a bit; however, still enlightening
Aron's first book, The Highly Sensitive Person, was groundbreaking. The author pioneered in presenting a well-researched theory on what was essentially an inherited temperament leading to an unusual level of sensitivity to one's environment. Being sensitive to this degree, one sees the subtleties others miss, feels the depths others fail to experience, and essentially lives a fuller life just by observation, let alone by experience. However, this attunement has the downside of over-stimulation of the senses, resulting in feelings of discomfort or panic and a need to retreat into a far less active environment. When I first read Aron's book, I found myself. Not all of me, since each individual has myriad aspects both biological and experiential in origin, but an understanding of some of my persistent and inescapable (inexplicable) behaviors. Now, I appreciate my sensitivity, realizing that I'm not paranoid because I put 2 + 2 together more quickly than anyone I know. In...


The Highly Sensitive Person in Love: Understanding and Managing Relationships When the World Overwhelms You is one of best selling in Interpersonal Relations category.



No comments:

Post a Comment