Saturday, February 2, 2013

^ Not Your Mother's Rules: The New Secrets for Dating (The Rules)

How long should I wait to respond to his text message? Can I friend him on Facebook? Why did he ask for my number but never call me?When The Rules was published in 1995, its message was straightforward: be mysterious. But for women looking for love today, it's not quite so s


Not Your Mother's Rules: The New Secrets for Dating (The Rules)


The Rules Have Returned! A Must-Read for All!
In their first Rules book, dating experts Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider discuss the existence of two kinds of Rules girls: natural, innate Rules girls (the Melanies), and born-again Rules girls who needed a little help but eventually came around. Of the two types of women, my mother was the first and I was the second. She introduced me to The Rules at 15, right around when I was starting to date in high school.

The first time I read The Rules, I completely blew them off ("What if I want to make the first move?" "Am I supposed to sit around waiting for someone to contact me?"). But a couple of years (and a few heartbreaks) later, I'm now a by-the-book, die-hard Rules girl. Lucky for me, I'm still only 18, and by introducing me to The Rules, my mother saved me from years of emotional damage by starting me off early.

The 1995 version of The Rules, while still conceptually relevant, doesn't have all the details that girls today need. Hey, in 1995, there was no...


Not Your Mother's Rules: The New Secrets for Dating (The Rules) is one of best selling in Dating category.



No comments:

Post a Comment